Approximately 185,000 Holocaust survivors are currently living in Israel; their average age is 83.3 years. According to Israeli data, on average one thousand of these elderly people die each month, that is about thirty every day. It is estimated that in fifteen years’ time hardly any of the first generation of Holocaust survivors will still be alive in Israel. Yad L’Ami is regularly in contact with second-generation survivors, the children of Holocaust survivors, who have suffered much as a result of the horrors perpetrated against their parents.
- STRUCTURED FINANCIAL AID TO SUPPLEMENT BASIC INCOME
- FUNDING FOR HEATERS AND BLANKETS DURING THE COLD WINTER MONTHS
- EXTRA FOOD STAMPS IN THE HOLIDAY SEASONS
- FINANCIAL COMPENSATION FOR DENTAL COSTS, MEDICINE, EYEGLASSES, HEARING AIDS, ETC.
- REGULAR HOME VISITS INCLUDING ON BIRTHDAYS
- ORGANIZING WORKSHOPS
- ORGANIZING TRIPS
For €50 per month you can become a personal sponsor of a grandfather or grandmother with a Holocaust past. We will send you information on and a photograph of the person you are sponsoring. We will keep you updated every six months with news about them. It is also possible via Yad L’Ami to have personal contact with your grandparent. In addition, it is possible for a group to adopt a grandparent.
Contact us for more information and guidelines.